Some things in life serve only to induce rage. No matter how small these annoyances may be, they are never insignificant. 'Rant List' is the chronicle of one self-loathing narcissist's seemingly unending pettiness.

Monday, 19 April 2010

7. People referring to their sports team of choice as "we"

^ I wanted to be topical (i.e. four months late by my standards) and make a John Terry related joke in this caption but I'm not going to lie, I'm not even sure if this is a picture of John Terry. I've no clue what he looks like nor do I care.

Like a football team? Good for you, everyone needs a hobby. Watch them play on the weekend? Good match? Wait. You did what? I was unaware you were actually a member of the team! That must be so exciting! Oh, you're not? But when you said "we scored the winning goal", you implied you were actually part of the game playing process and did something worthwhile with your sham of an existence... You didn't? Well then, the correct phrase would be "
they scored the winning goal", not "we". You did nothing, you microphallus.

N.B. Please read this entire blog in an extremely sarcastic tone of voice for full effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment